Monday, September 8, 2014

A Brand New Book


On Saturday I woke up late.  Well I didn't really because I had two wake ups since I went back to bed after I let the chickens out.

My second wake up was around 11 am.  Did I just admit that?  Anyway I sat up really surprised that I had slept in so late and partly really glad that I had and there on the head board was a brand new book.  I love my daughter so much.  She knows me so well.  It must have come in the mail and she opened it and brought it up, ever so quietly and placed it there on top of my phone so I would be sure to see it.  

This book has a wonderful cover.  Writing and eating all mixed up on the cover.  A beautiful plate next to a pen and a spoon.  It was a delicious sight.  I picked it up and went downstairs holding it close to my heart and grabbed a cup of coffee.  I read only one chapter Saturday and one more on Sunday.  I am soon to read the third chapter.  The book is called The Writing Diet by Julia Cameron.  Write Yourself Right-Size.  It's not really about dieting though.  Whew.  Glad I cleared that up.  I'm not a diet kind of person, although I've been through a number of diets.  I still end up the weight I am and less healthy for the effort.  I'm a real food person and I believe there are too many other factors involved in weight problems for them to be addressed only by strict restrictions or additions.  This book is more about unlocking and unblocking ones creativity which ends up changing ones life around to reflect that.  Being free to be who I am meant to be changes everything about me.  

The writing diet is a life-style change which uses writing as a discovery tool.  I've already been on this path now since the middle of July and I am taking it a step forward. I have gotten into the habit of writing first thing in the morning.  It is a habit now.  I just want to tell you that if I can do this and create this habit in me then you can too.  You just have to be brave and get started. In this book the morning pages is a type of writing done early in the morning before your other writing or duties.  

 Morning pages are very personal so I won't be sharing them.  I am not going to be sharing my 1,000 words at all anymore.  I will be posting the next chapter in 1,000 words or more of the story I'm writing for you, The House, every week.  So you will get to keep reading it.  I find that the 1,000 words I'm writing in my morning pages are not taking as long to do as a proper piece for posting so I have some extra time which I need to start using to work on Elsie's Easter.  I'll still be making regular daily posts on my facebook page.

The Writing Diet by Julia Cameron is one in a lot of books by this author.  You can find it on Amazon.  I don't get any kind of benefit from you buying anything on Amazon unless you buy one of my used school textbooks.  I'm just putting this here for your benefit in case you want to read this book along with me and discuss it with me on my page.  I paid 1 cent for the book and it is brand new plus shipping, 3.99.  Regularly 13.95. US

No comments:

Post a Comment