Friday, January 1, 2016

Gratitude Day 5

January 1st, 2016.
Today I'm grateful for my computer.  More specifically Skype, Facebook, Messenger and now I have Instagram.  I used to feel isolated from my family.  I lived far away from everyone and much of the time I didn't have a phone.  By far away, I mean that I was in a different country from the rest of my family.  Even after my youngest brother moved to the States, he still lived a few states West of me.  Spending time together meant travel to far away places which takes a lot of time and money.  Now my children have homes of their own and children of their own and some live clear across the country, yet I feel close to them because of instruments such as Skype, Messenger, Facebook and Instagram.  Every day I can have some contact with my children, grandchildren, siblings, nieces and nephews.  I'm grateful for that.  Reaching out to each other and being there is so much easier now.  I don't feel isolated any more, I feel very much connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment