Saturday, January 16, 2016

I am not the tail, but the head.

Deuteronomy 28:13
And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath…
Beautiful scripture.
Desire of the Lord.
His will.
We should not be beneath,
oppressed,
beaten down,
but above.
Not over others
oppressing them.
But above the place of the oppressed.
Not down
making it convenient for the oppressor,
above that.
Up
by the head,
no,
the actual head.
We are the head,
thinking,
reasoning,
learning,
leading,
kind.
Feeding our intellect.
Not smashed,
put low.
Not obedient,
mild.
Strong and leading.
The tail does not think,
but shows feeling.
The expression of the body.
The head influences health,
wealth,
character.
We are more than tails.
We are heads.
Fully aware,
responsible.
Some may want us to bow down,
living in fear
and contrition.
Not the Lord.
Not His will.
We have everything we need,
for life and god likeness.
Like gods,
creative,
we motivate,
lead.
His will.
Take it, use it.
No more tails are we
but whole.
Using our gifts,
we think.
Not joining a mindless culture,
gratifying the whims of society,
feeding the belly
with brightly colored, tasty poison.
We have knowledge.
We know what is good,
keeping our minds active, alive.
Being the head.
Thinking:
is it good for me?
Will it make me strong?
Will it be healing?
Will it be nourishing?
Questioning all,
what I eat,
where I go,
who are my friends,
what shall I learn,
how can I help,
is there more that I can be?
The will of the Lord
for us who want it.
For us who say;
I am not the tail,

but the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment